cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Qos

darrenriley5
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to give a VLAN an LLQ queue. We have some SAN traffic which is switched across a VLAN and we would like to move this traffic from a dedicated link to a shared link.

Thanks

Darren

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Darren

Yes it's possible as long as you can identify the traffic you want to prioritize. But it does depend on the hardware in use. For example the 6500 switch uses many different modules and some of them do not support a priority queue as such.

What hardware are you using ?

Jon

We are using ws-3750G-24TS to terminate 4x LES100 links and to connect to the EMC kit. I have no experience in the SAN but all I know is the srdf/s traffic runs across a non-routed vlan. I would imagine I would need to classify this traffic using the vlan then create an LLQ queue if this traffic were to be moved on to a shared link?

Thanks

Darren

Attached is a link to the config guide for 3750 with an example of using the expedite queue on a 3750. Have a read and see how much sense it makes and feel free to come back with further queries -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12.2_46_se/configuration/guide/swqos.html#wp1395244

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card