Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

query on quality of service

Hi all,

I am using a cisco router 2800 to connect 3 sites. I would like to use quality of service(QOS) to certain traffic. I understand that QOS can be configured to guarantee bandwidth, but can it also restrict bandwidth such that it will not exceed the guaranteed bandwidth? Below is my config for QOS on sql traffic Thks in advance.

access-list 101 permit tcp 192.168.2.0 0.0.0.255 eq 1433 any
access-list 101 permit tcp 192.168.3.0 0.0.0.255 eq 1433 any

class-map match-all SQL
match access-group 101
!
!
policy-map RouterQOS
class SQL
  priority percent 50
  set ip precedence 1

3 REPLIES

Re: query on quality of service

Hi all,

I am using a cisco router 2800 to connect 3 sites. I would like to use quality of service(QOS) to certain traffic. I understand that QOS can be configured to guarantee bandwidth, but can it also restrict bandwidth such that it will not exceed the guaranteed bandwidth? Below is my config for QOS on sql traffic Thks in advance.

access-list 101 permit tcp 192.168.2.0 0.0.0.255 eq 1433 any
access-list 101 permit tcp 192.168.3.0 0.0.0.255 eq 1433 any

class-map match-all SQL
match access-group 101
!
!
policy-map RouterQOS
class SQL
  priority percent 50
  set ip precedence 1

Hi,

To give priority to a class of traffic belonging to a policy map and specifies that the amount of guaranteed bandwidth will be specified by the percent of available bandwidth.  Pirority percent configuration is done which allows you to set up classes based on a variety of criteria (not just User Datagram Ports (UDP) ports) and assign priority to them, and is available for use on serial interface.

When the device is not congested, the priority class traffic is allowed to exceed its allocated bandwidth. When the device is congested, the priority class traffic above the allocated bandwidth is discarded.

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

Hi Ganesh,

Thk you for the clarification. Hence is it possible to use QOS or any other methods such that the particular traffic does not exceed the allocated bandwidth? Thks in advance.

Hi Ganesh,

Thk you for the clarification. Hence is it possible to use QOS or any other methods such that the particular traffic does not exceed the allocated bandwidth? Thks in advance.

Genarally this is one of the methods check out the below links for sample configuration of Qos in switches

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk543/tk545/technologies_tech_note09186a0080114326.shtml

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content