Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Question about network design?

Hello all ,

I need to know why the link between the two core switches when design a network ?

And also  what can I do to understand the functions and configuration of links between core,distribution and access switches.

thanks

5 REPLIES

Hi

Perhaps it might be an idea to read up on the CCNA/CCNP material, not being rude, just making a suggestion

Are you asking why there is a need to connect core switches together?

Re: Question about network design?

There are lots of reasons. For example, what would happen if connectivity to the distribution switch/s has failed? Without a link between the core switches, the traffic has no where else to go.

Re: Question about network design?

Hi, wael azzam

You need to have a loop for redundancy in your network and spanning-tree protocol is there to block the certain interfaces to kill the loop. There are many different ways to design a network but what you're referring to is a well known layer-2 looped topology. However, since there are many new technologies out there, you don't need to rely on spanning-tree anymore. I like to design the network with VSS or vPC.. makes my life easier.

Study 642-874 ARCH, this course will help you understand many different design scenarios.

Thanks.

Ji

Thanks jiwonpark for your help ,

I will take your advice and  read about VSS and VPC .Also study 642-874 ARCH

Thanks again

Thanks all for information

Views
Helpful
Replies