Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about the lithium battery on MSFC

snakayama
Level 3
Level 3

Hi everyone,

I have the question about the lithium battery on MSFC.

Is there any command to display voltage of lithium battery to confirm whether the life of lithium battery is lost.

I can not find related information on CCO.

Your information would be appreciated.

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

To monitor the voltage or health of the battery, I have not seen any CLI command that displays information on the battery status.

There is a simple battery check built into the NVRAM component. When there is a drop in the battery voltage, the NVRAM generates a 'battery low' signal. This is used to notify SW of this condition. SW then generates the 'NVRAM low battery' error message. Since the battery is entirely enclosed within the NVRAM component, there is no other way to monitor battery health in a more direct manner.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

To monitor the voltage or health of the battery, I have not seen any CLI command that displays information on the battery status.

There is a simple battery check built into the NVRAM component. When there is a drop in the battery voltage, the NVRAM generates a 'battery low' signal. This is used to notify SW of this condition. SW then generates the 'NVRAM low battery' error message. Since the battery is entirely enclosed within the NVRAM component, there is no other way to monitor battery health in a more direct manner.

Thank you very much for your reply.

I understand it.

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card