Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Question regarding config backups and recovery

Sorry for what may amount to a very simple question, but I have very limited budget and few sources (CCNAs) in my area. I am looking for best practice for restoring my modest LAN network in case of a switch failure. I am here because I did have a failure and now I am paranoid.  Like I said I have a modest LAN network with 12 linksys/Cisco SRW20.. installed of 8,12,24,48 ports.  Only 2 of them have any configuration(vlans, trunks,etc) of any sort (with the exception of the management IP address, same user id and password on each).  Two of the switches (24, 48 port variety)have unique configurations. I have a spare NIB for each. I would like to preconfig each of my spares so that they can be just dropped in. Is this a good Idea?  what is the process for pulling down the current configs then "installing them on my spares?. I already use Solarwinds TFTP to back the switches up, I am not sure I am backing up the correct files (there are two).  some guidance please

Tsquared (noob) 

Views
Helpful
Replies