Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Quick VPN Client for Windows 7 Ultimate 64

I have been trying to use the latest QuickVPN Client 1.3.0.3 on my windows 7 ultimate 64 and keep getting an error tha it only runs on Windows 2000 or windows xp. I have 2 WRV54G routers at each end of my connection. Any suggestions on setting up the vpn with either Quick VPN Client or other means?

7 Replies 7

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I know that the AnyConnect client runs on x64 windows. You might give it a shot. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps8411/tsd_products_support_series_home.html

You could also try aq 3rd party client. Many folks have reported good outcomes using the NCP client: http://www.ncp-e.com/en.html

Reading the Linksys page on QuickVPN, I note that it states it is just an interface to the MS VPN client. Have you tried just using Windows7 native VPN client without the Linksys GUI tool? That may work just fine w/o and additional software.

marek_gernat
Level 1
Level 1

In W7

Install QuickVPN client ,dont change compatibility mode..
Make sure the Windows 7 firewall is turned on.
Restart your computer then:

1. Right click on Computer Icon
2. Select Manage
3. Select Services and Applications
4. Select Services
5. Sort by Name
6. Look for and right click on IKE and AuthIP IPsec Keying Modules (Should not be disabled, if so, do the rest below)
7. Select Properties
8. Make Startup Type be: Automatic
9. Restart PC and try QuickVPN..

Does not work! (Win7 professional 32bit)

Even the cisco support was not able to get it running via webex!

Hi,

Have you tried using the Shrew VPN that one worked ok for me with win7 64 bit. Give that a try and see if that does the trick.

Thanks for that suggestion!

Do you know a manual, explaining how to configure the Shrew VPN client?

I have the WRVS4400N and there is no possibility to configure the client accounts, besides setting up usernames and passwords.

I also can download a client pem-certificate, but that's it ... no information about IPSec setup/ encryption, nothing about local ip setup etc.

There is even no information about the port I have to use.

Thanks!

Is this a small office wireless router with linksys software to run or does it have some other cisco software in it not familiar with this product. Just trying to get some info.

Thanks for your interest :-)

It is this smb router: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps9931/index.html

(version 2 incl. newest firmware)

The cisco technical support told me that all small medium business routers are completely made by Linksys. They are actually no real cisco products.

Thus I think all the software is from Linksys as well.

The router's software distinguishs between client account vpn connections and gateway to gateway connections. The former cannot be configured at all and are exclusively for connections using the QuickVPN client, which cannot be configured at all as well. The gateway to gateway connections can be configured in more detail, using the normal IPSec configurations, though without certificates. By this I am also able to establish a vpn connection with another (Netgear) VPN router. Anyway I think this connection type is not designed to establish client connections and there must be a general setup used to establish QuickVPN connections, because this software is unique for all Linksys routers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card