Views
Helpful
Replies

Quiet Mode

zyang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a user who is a work at home.  She has an 871 Cisco Router with is connected to an ISP modem.  Lately she has been getting connectivity issues.  And a tech from the ISP troubleshooted it and said that the Cisco Router was not pulling an IP address.  He said he queried the modem and got a null response on the IP address of the router.  He cleared the ARP cace and rebooted the ISP modem; still the Cisco Router would not get an IP address.  However when I went into the router, I noticed that there were many log alerts.  It seems that the router is in quiet mode.

Below is one entry:

%SEC_LOGIN-1-QUIET_MODE_ON: Still timeleft for watching failures is 0 secs, [user: operator] [Source: 87.224.70.142] [localport: 80] [Reason: Login Authentication Failed - BadPassword] [ACL: sl_def_acl] at

Would quiet mode cause the router to lose connectivity or cause to not pull an ip address? 

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
%SEC_LOGIN-1-QUIET_MODE_ON: Still timeleft for watching failures is 0 secs, [user: operator] [Source: 87.224.70.142] [localport: 80] [Reason: Login Authentication Failed - BadPassword] [ACL: sl_def_acl]

I'm going to take a stab-in-the-dark here:

1.  What's the ACL called "sl_def_acl"?

2.  According to the error the router is sending the wrong password.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card