cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

R&S with...... LAT

Eric Hansen
Level 1
Level 1

We run LAT and have to run LAT and the choice of getting rid of it is beyond my authority. So i am stuck with it.

My question is:

We are upgrading our core routing/switching with 6500VSS and carving it up into VLANs with EIGRP running between the various 6500 cores.

But we have several devices in varried locations that run LAT(decnet). We run LAT enabled commands on interfaces, a global ACL, and bridge group commands on the interfaces in question. Currently this is all done on a 2815, soon to be replaced by 6500 w/vss.

How is this done on a L3 switch with VLANs? Do wwe need to load a special feature set or train?

thanks

e-

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Eric,

to support DECNET you will need an enterprise or advanced enterprise feature set and the right release train.

see the following link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SXF/native/release/notes/OL_4164.html

and look for decnet. Unfortunately LAT is not listed.

There can be other restrictions and possible impacts on overall performance that you have to take care of.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Eric,

to support DECNET you will need an enterprise or advanced enterprise feature set and the right release train.

see the following link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SXF/native/release/notes/OL_4164.html

and look for decnet. Unfortunately LAT is not listed.

There can be other restrictions and possible impacts on overall performance that you have to take care of.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Excellent, I believe we are covered our show ver lists them as 6509-E

Also I notice that show ver on this unit says "SuperLAT". Any relation?

Hello Eric,

I don't know it is likely but looking for it it in CCO

superlat emulation software is the usual sentence

I guess it may be related to some terminal emulation capabilites

Thanks for the marks you give to my answer

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card