Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radius Authentication Issues on 2950

Hello,

I am configuring a catalyst 2950 version 12.1 (22) EA14. I have enabled SSH and this works just fine and enabled AAA new model below is my statement regarding radius.

radius-server host x.x.x.x auth-port 1111 acct-port 1111 key test

I haven't setup radius before on a Cisco switch before mostly have used HP's in the past. When I try to log in I get "access denied" I know my configuration is correct on the Radius server itself as I have other switches/routers and the configs are the same.

Thanks,

5 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Assigning 1111 as the auth-port and as the acct-port does not seem right to me. For one thing every implementation that I have seen has used different values as the port for authentication and for accounting. And I have not seen Radius use 1111 before. Are you sure that your Radius server is expecting this port number?

HTH

Rick

The default ports for Radius are 1812 and 1813.

Is there a firewall or ACL between the switch and the Radius server?

Can you post an output of the config on the switch?

Re: Radius Authentication Issues on 2950

I agree with everyone else. The easiest thing to do is configure "radius-server host key " and let the switch fill out the other values for you.

Hth,
John

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

I figured it out. I had to play around with aaa settings.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

I am glad that you got it worked out. Thank you for posting back to the forum to let us know that you have found a solution to the problem and that it was an adjustment of the aaa settings.

HTH

Rick

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content