Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Rapid PVST to STP issues.

I have the scenario [Please seed the attached word doc],

Company B migrating with Company A

As part of migration, Layer two port channels were built between the companies, I spanned management vlan across the port channel from company B to company A, so that I can manage/make changes remotely to core A. After the port channels are built and vlan is spanned, The management vlan went to alt block on Company-B core for port channel 20; I can ping the management Vlan interfaces from Core B to Core A and vice versa.

The problem is I cannot telnet , Also when gave tracert from remote PC it crosses ISP hop and drops after core B; I don’t think I need to make any routing changes on the cores as at this stage I am treating core A as layer 2 switch getting through porchannels[though core A is running eigrp to ISPA]

I understand the both switches are not in same domain and not running same STP

Actions take: Disabled DTP[switchport no negotiate] on both portchannels, even then I am not able to telnet

Any ideas, suggestions

2 REPLIES

Any thoughts guys?

Try those:

- ping/trace from Core-A your remote PC then verify where the packet stops

- verify with a show ip cef if your remote PC entry is present and eventually compare with Core-B

- verify route consistency distribution with your ISP

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content