cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RDP and or PPTP VPN Passthrough on 1801 Router

ETechnologyAU
Level 1
Level 1

I have taken on support for a client using a CISCO 1801 Router. I can access the router using the SDM. I have attempted to allow an RDP port through to a server without success. I really need step by step assistance. I have attempted to add the service to the ACL. However, whatever I do to the ACL kills internet access.

I would like for instance.. external port 50009 forwarded to an internal port of 3389 for a windows machine. Everything I have tried fails and disables internet access.

I would also like to enable PPTP VPN passthrough to a Windows server. I have done this 100 times on a non-CISCO router. However as with the RDP port, I cannot get this to work.

Please Help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi ,

If i understand your requirement correctly , you want access your internal server over internet ?? /PPTP to your internal server over public IP ??

Below URL should solve your issue .

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/long-reach-ethernet-lre-digital-subscriber-line-xdsl/asymmetric-digital-subscriber-line-adsl/12905-827spat.html

HTH

Sandy.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hi ,

If i understand your requirement correctly , you want access your internal server over internet ?? /PPTP to your internal server over public IP ??

Below URL should solve your issue .

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/long-reach-ethernet-lre-digital-subscriber-line-xdsl/asymmetric-digital-subscriber-line-adsl/12905-827spat.html

HTH

Sandy.

Thankds Sandy. If I can find a spare 30 minutes I will read through that email. At this point it is only one customer that has a CISCO router. I don't have the time to invest learning another product at this point. So it may be cheaper to simply replace the router with a non CISCO product. If I find the time to read through that link, if I manage to get this very simply function happening I will update the post. I simply don't think I am going to have the time to learn what is required for the sake of one customers router.

Thanks Sandy,

That post was very helpful. I have nat performing as required. However for PPTP passthrough to the windows server. How do I forward GRE traffic? I have configured TCP 1723, now I need to enable the GRE traffic. I cannot work out the command for this.

Hi , 

Can you brief your requirement , Do you want run any GRE tunnel between two different router ??

If you sample network layout , let me know 

Thanks

Sandy

HI Sandy,

i would like to esteblish a PPTP VPN from any remote device such as my ipad or laptop. So i just need to forward TCP port 1723 which i have done and GRE traffic for it to work.

Can anyone assist. I need to allow GRE traffic through from any source to a specific LAN device. Lan device being a Small Business Server 2011.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card