Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Re : Removing all tagged vlan on a switch port

Hi,

I have a case whereby I need to remove all tagged vlan on the switch port connecting to the DHCP server so that the Avaya phone can get an IP from the DHCP server.

Now how can I remove all vlan from being tagged on this port ? By default, the native vlan is not tagged but all other vlans are tagged.

Pls advise if anyone knows how to do this.

Thank you,

cheers,
- SN -

2 Replies 2

danrya
Level 1
Level 1

If you "untag" all VLAN's, how do you distinguish between the different vlans?  The purpose of the "tagging" is so the connected device can identify the traffic and put it in the correct vlan.  If you want to "untag" the traffic, make it an access port.

switchport access vlan x

switchport mode access

I'm guessing that the DHCP server is not "tagging" or expecting tagged frames, so this would be the most likely configuration that your looking for.

Dan

Yes, I believe the solution is to put the DHCP server on an access vlan. So since the ports are configured for data and voice vlans on the L3 interfaces, it will get to the helper-address IP and then put the phone on the right vlan.

Thank you,

Cheers,

- SN -

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco