Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Rebooting 3750x broke monitor output

Using Cisco Cat 3750x. We had a "memory leak" occur where we were not able to log into our switch locally.  Cisco TAC had us reboot the switch which restored our access.  Upon reboot, our network monitoring tools lost traffic data going in and out of our firewall, meaning we were not able to see any traffic coming or going to the outside world.  We can now only see internal traffic between internal devices/PCs.  

The monitor sessions are configured the same way they were prior to the reboot. 

I have deleted the monitor session and recreated it.

I have performed a shut/no shut on the destination ports.

I HAVE NOT performed a shut/no shut on the uplink (firewall inside interface) port as this will affect production.

I have tested Wireshark on the destination devices, including hooking up a plain laptop to see if it was a server issue but no matter where I plug in I still only see internal traffic.

Config was saved a few days before the forced reboot and nothing was changed between save and reboot, besides cold reboot.

No errors of any kind on any of the ports, destination and source.

• LAN Switching and Routing
Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.