Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Reconfiguration of vPC Domain on 5Ks

Hi Experts,

I would like to ask if there is a best practice of reconfiguring VPCs on a Nexus 5K Switch.

Our team has taken infrastructure that is using Nexus 5Ks - 2K FEXs and we need to basically re-address the network including the management IPs of all switches. 

I understand that as per best practice, the VPC Peer-Keepalive link should use the management address and that we need to change.

Currently no etherchannels are using VPC.

I tried changing  he IP of mgmt0 of the secondary earlier and when I did that, I lost connectivity to the primary switch  on the console. When I console to the primary switch so I can do the change, the prompt shows that it is the secondary switch which somehow suggests that the primary emulates the console of the secondary for some reasons?

Is there any other way to go around this? I'm thinking of removing the VPC domain configs, putting it back in once I set the IPs that we want. I'm not sure if there is any other way to do it.

I had been looking on Cisco documentations   but could not find any suggestions.

Any 

Views
Helpful
Replies