Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Redistribution into EIGRP from Static not working

I have a 3750G layer 3 switch.  I am trying to setup a DMZ using this core.  The router connects to the Firewall, the Firewall interface connections to the Layer 3 switch.  The DMZ subnet is 172.16.0.0 and I have the port.  The Firewall also has a interface for outbound traffic on this same switch.

The issue is that I can ping things locally but not at our Host site.  If I add EIGRP I can see the route but not ping anything.  So I took the eigrp route out and added a static route with redistribution and that route doesn't show up.  I can't even get the route to show up in show ip route static.  however I can make a "dummy " route and it will.   Need some help.

3 REPLIES

It's hard to follow, can you

It's hard to follow, can you post a diagram? Also if you had the route as an internal EIGRP route and you were not able to get to the hot site then it could be that the firewall needs to be configured to allow the traffic through.

Sorry the diagram is Internet

Sorry the diagram is Internet---Firewall--Core Switch  The firewall is Checkpoint and does not do EIGRP.  You can ping several items on the same Vlan as the Checkpoint but only locally.  So I wanted to redistribute the static route but when I type show ip route static other statics show up but not the 172.16.0.0 that I entered.  Below is the eigrp and static area of the config. 

router eigrp 800
 redistribute static
  network 172.16.0.0 0.0.0.255
 default-metric 10000 100 255 1 1500
 no auto-summary
!
ip classless
ip route 172.16.0.0 255.255.255.0 172.16.0.2

This appears to be a directly

This appears to be a directly connected subnet based on your configuration. In other words you already have an interface in 172.16.0.0/24 so adding a static route to that destination would not do anything. Redistribute connected would do what you want but I'm not sure why you would want to do that, since it should already be advertised. What are you trying to access and where are you trying to access it from? Can you add that to the diagram?

Views
Helpful
Replies