Views
Helpful
Replies

Redundancy over WAN

Jacob Samuel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a to give a solution to one of my client on WAN redundancy.

They have 2x7206VXR Router at the WAN Gateway for redundancy on Chasis. Their is only one WAN Link. I will be using HSRP to make redundancy in LAN but how can i configure redundacy for WAN on the gateway routers

2 Replies 2

Danilo Dy
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

If you mean WAN thru internet.

1. Ask your client to get their own IP Address and ASN. Subscribed to two usptream ISP. Subscribe to two different TELCO to connect them to the upstream ISPs. Run BGP (Public).

2. If your client can't get their own IP Address and ASN. Subscribed to a giant upstream ISP. Subscribed to two TELCO to connect them to this ISP, make an agreement to this ISP that the connection should not be in the same router or in the same building. Run BGP (Private).

If you mean WAN thru your client private network. They can always subscribed to a different TELCO for physical redundancy point-to-point.

Regards,

Dandy

HI

Incase if i have two connection to two different routers still how can i make redundacy? by using a cross back-to-back connection? plz need some explanation.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card