Views
Helpful
Replies

Redundant link between OFC and Wireless

Arup Dutta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

i have two link one is  working on OFC and another one is stand by on wireless point to point link.OFC link is my primary and wireless is back up.I want if OFC link is goes down then my total trafic goes over wireless back up link.now i am using two cisco 3750g-12s from different location.

my network layout is attach with this mail please find the attachment file.

please help me for this redundancy problem.kindly mention if another layer 3 device is require or not.

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

sudhutorjonno wrote:

Hi All,

i have two link one is  working on OFC and another one is stand by on wireless point to point link.OFC link is my primary and wireless is back up.I want if OFC link is goes down then my total trafic goes over wireless back up link.now i am using two cisco 3750g-12s from different location.

my network layout is attach with this mail please find the attachment file.

please help me for this redundancy problem.kindly mention if another layer 3 device is require or not.

Are the links L2 links or L3 links ?

What feature set do you have on the 3750 switches ie. IP Base or IP Services ?

Jon

Hi Jon,

my main switch is L3 and distribution switch is L2.

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 10:30 PM, jon.marshall <

So are you doing all the inter-vlan routing or both sites on one of the 3750  switches ?

Do you need to have the same vlan in both sites or are they separate vlans.

If you had IP Services images on those 2 switches the easiest way by far would be to make both links L3 and routed between sites and then simply manipulate the routing metrics that are exchanged so one path is preferred over the other. You actually might not even need to manipulate the route metrics if the OFC link is faster than the wireless link.

Jon

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card