cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Redundant supervisor 7-E - use all uplink ports at the same time?

chadreynolds
Level 1
Level 1

I know in the past on earlier models of the supervisors that you couldn't use all eight uplink ports(4 on each supervisor) simultaneously when you have two supervisors on the chassis.  Is this the same case for the 10Gb uplinks on the supervisor 7-E on the 4500 chassis?  I tried doing my research but couldn't find an answer.  Does anyone out there know?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Chad,

Yes. that is still the case even with 7-E.  You can only use 4 out of 8, if your sups are in redundant mode (SSO)

In redundant mode, the Catalyst 4507R or 4510R  chassis are deployed with dual Sup7-E supervisor modules in a redundant  configuration. Port group 2 becomes automatically inactive on both  supervisor modules when the Catalyst 4500E system detects redundant  modules installed in the chassis.

Here is the doc for more info:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Campus/Borderless_Campus_Network_1.0/BN_Campus_Technologies.html#wp1228027

HTH

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Chad,

Yes. that is still the case even with 7-E.  You can only use 4 out of 8, if your sups are in redundant mode (SSO)

In redundant mode, the Catalyst 4507R or 4510R  chassis are deployed with dual Sup7-E supervisor modules in a redundant  configuration. Port group 2 becomes automatically inactive on both  supervisor modules when the Catalyst 4500E system detects redundant  modules installed in the chassis.

Here is the doc for more info:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Campus/Borderless_Campus_Network_1.0/BN_Campus_Technologies.html#wp1228027

HTH

Thanks for the intel.

FYI - I intended to rate 5 stars, not 4.

No problem, thanks for the rating

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card