Views
Helpful
Replies

Redundant Supervisor Engine 720-3B reloads

Roman Takush
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody.

There is a Cisco Catalyst 6513 in my office. Recently we decided to setup redundant Supervisor Engine 720-3B. When we did it, its became STANDBY COLD, and then it reloads. IOS is equal on both supervisors. It must be STANDBY HOT (SSO) redundancy. Any ideas about it? There is a configuration and show ver and show module outputs, and log of my actions.

Thanks for help!

Best regards, Takush Roman.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Roman,

Please follow below document to deploy SSO mode on your Sups.

Also, looking at the version of code you are running, it is pretty old.  You may want to upgrade to a newer version i.e SXI2a or SXI4a and test again.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SX/configuration/guide/nsfsso.html#wp1119694

HTH

Reza

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Roman,

Please follow below document to deploy SSO mode on your Sups.

Also, looking at the version of code you are running, it is pretty old.  You may want to upgrade to a newer version i.e SXI2a or SXI4a and test again.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SX/configuration/guide/nsfsso.html#wp1119694

HTH

Reza

Thanks Reza!

Think i did everything right as it wrote in this document. And there is a strange thing : on the other 6500 chassis my supervisors makes redundancy without any problems. With the same IOS, but without any installed modules and without my startup-configuration. So i think there is a problem either in modules or in configuration.

Best regards,

Roman Takush.

Roman Takush
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry, forgot to reply.=] after IOS upgrade everything become fine. Think it's some kind of a bug.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card