Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Redundant VPN with two Pix and two routers using two different ISPs

Hi,

I want to configure redundant VPN using two PIX and Two routers connected to two different ISP.Both PIX inside wil be terminated to single LAN.While the remote office have single PIX.Is it possible to configure both these PIX with same peer address so that if one link goes down it switch to other.And i also want to route other traffic than VPN to through that PIX whose VPN is not in use.

Please suggest possible solutions.

Thanks in advance.

PIX 515 E 6.3

Router 2600 and 3700 series

6 REPLIES

Re: Redundant VPN with two Pix and two routers using two differe

you need to configure failover on PIX.

check this URL to get more information.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_62/config/failover.htm

hope it helps .... rate if it does ...

Sorabh ,

i do not have option of failover due to licence restricion of the PIX.If you have any other option please let me know.

Thanks for ur time

rds,

gm

you need a new activation key to upgrade from restricted bundle to a bundle which support additional features.

check this URL for the procedure to how to get a new activation key and to upgrade license once you get a new key.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_tech_note09186a00806b1c0f.shtml

hope to help ... rate if it does ...

Yes,

i have the new activation key but it will enable only 3DES and not failover i have both PIX restricted license and failover can i upgrade these main and filover pix ...

rds,

gm

you mean that you have send mail to licensing@cisco.com with the serial number of PIX and show version and you have received key which activate only 3DES feature?

Yes,Exactly

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content