cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Regarding eigrp stub connected summary

aj904682013
Level 1
Level 1

I am configuring the eigrp under the 3750X with IOS c3750e-universalk9-mz.150-2.SE4.bin, the 'eigrp stub connected summary' is there by default, I tried to NO it, but I could not, what is the purpose of this command by default out there

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Lee,

You are probably running IP Base license. If so, your multilayer switch will only support EIGRP Stub Router functionality, making it suitable for a routed access layer, but it will not be applicable as a distribution layer switch with full EIGRP routing capabilities. If you need full EIGRP routing, you will need to upgrade to IP Services license.

Best regards,

Peter

Hi Peter

Thanks very much for your answer, it seems the cost to upgrade the lic will be as half amount as the device, the budget is not allowed, any other way to make the full use of EIGRP ? this device will be the main EIGRP HUB WAN device at data center

Thanks

Hi Lee,

I am sorry but there is no way of making this device with the IP BASE license a full EIGRP router. This is a license/software imposed restriction - the IOS simply will not unlock the full EIGRP feature set and you won't be able to work around it.

Have you consulted the choice of this device and the feature set/license level with a Cisco partner? Was this device recommended to you from someone else? If so then the responsibility should be shifted to that person.

Once again - I am sorry I am bringing bad news.

Best regards,

Peter

aj904682013
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Peter
Thanks and don't be sorry, actually it is replacement of existing 3560G, sometimes it is not our decision to make, though I strongly recommended to use router for WAN device, if the company won't pay guess they might need to do some redistribution confi to make the full eigrp route up and running

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card