Views
Helpful
Replies

Regarding IOS upgradation on Switches

r5a5m5
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are planning to do IOS upgradation in our Switches . Please suggest recommended IOS versions.

Currnet IOS

------------------------------------------------------

c3560-ipservices-mz.122-35.SE5.bin

c2960-lanbase-mz.122-35.SE5.bin

c3560-ipbase-mz.122-35.SE5.bin

------------------------------------------------------

Cheers,

Rammanokar.

"A good rating is as good or even better than a thank you, remember to rate the helpful posts "
7 Replies 7

Joshua Falso
Level 1
Level 1

Unless your company has a policy in place restricting the latest version then I say get the current for each switch.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

V/r Josh

I run fine with 12.2.55-SE6 (just upgraded some devices last week) which at least for the 2960 is not the newest software. But in the past I had much more luck with releases that hae a higher number behind the "SE" as these already got some bugfixes after new features were introduced.

-- 
Don't stop after you've improved your network! Improve the world by lending money to the working poor:
http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/karsteni

For both 3560 and 2960 implement 12.2.58 or 12.2.55. no pint to implement the 12.2.35

Alessio

Hello. There any reason for this IOS  upgrade ?

Audit.....:-(

"A good rating is as good or even better than a thank you, remember to rate the helpful posts "

For Layer 2-only, 12.2(55)SE5 and SE6 are not bad.  Currently using 15.0(2)SE for layer 2.  So far so good.

For Layer 3, then there's no substitution to 12.2(55)SE5 or SE6.

Avoid, at all cost, 12.2(58)SE altogether.  15.0(1)SE3 is also not bad but I had about two weeks use of this version before upgrading to 15.0(2)SE.

IMPORTANT:  Read the respective Release Notes of the IOS you are going to use. 

Hello again.

In my opinion something which is working  do not change , unless there is a good  reason like yours.

I have just install DMP players in my network and there the was the need of medianet. Medianet , i am not sure but i think is supported from 12.2(55) and up, so i was  upgraded the ios to the version 15.0(1)SE3. Until now these are working perfectly.So  I suggest this........15.0(1)SE3

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card