Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote Span for Call recording

csco11063007
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Friends,

We have 2 POE switches (3560) and Cisco ip phones .We have call recording software server connected to SW1 .

SW1 Configuration as follows:

monitor session 1 source vlan 7

monitor session 1 destination fastethernet 0/4 (port 4 is ncoonected to recording server).

The switches SW1 and SW2 have voice vlan 7 is configured .Monitoring is working fine for all the phones in SW1.

But In SW2 ,we cannot monitor any of the phones .

Could you please guide me where is there any specific configuration requirred for SW1 for remote monitoring .I thought beccause of only one vlan ,no need to configure in SW2.

Thanks

Thomas

2 Replies 2

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No because it is separate switch you would need a span on the 2nd switch to another monitoring device. If the units were a 3750 stack then you would only need a single span session . I don't know if remote span is an option or not can't say I really have ever used that . Maybe someone else could chime in .

Another thought is if the two switches are hooked together then in addition to the vlan you should be able to span the port between those two switches and you might be able to achieve what you are looking for .

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card