Views
Helpful
Replies

replace 4503 Supervisor error

neteksadmin
Level 1
Level 1

hi everyone

Our Catalyst 4503-E switch's Supervisor module failed. We replace it other 4503-E switch's supervisor with same model. Two supervisor and switch model are same. But when ı power on failed 4503 it has show error on console like that "unkown backplane" and it restart always.what do you think this problem and how can ı solve it.

6 Replies 6

Mark Yeates
Level 7
Level 7

Berker,

Ensure the new supervisor is loaded with 12.2(37)SG IOS version or higher. This is the minimum version supported for the 4500-E series chassis.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps4324/product_data_sheet0900aecd801792b1.html

HTH,

Mark

thanks for message

But this supervisor has been already operate in 4503-E(operate normal).We rip this from 4503-E chassis and took it our failed 4503-E chassis. I think, if it has older IOS it didn't operate other 4503-E chassis.

You are probably right and are running right version. I would suggest putting in a TAC case on the chassis. Sounds like something might have gone wrong with the backplane on the chassis.

Mark

sorry, what is TAC case? how can ı put chassis?

hmm oke. ı found what is TAC. but ı think it couldn't solve my problem.

TAC will assist you in troubleshooting or RMA a faulty product. You must have a smartnet contract to be able to do this. If you are able to open a TAC case they will be able to solve your problem.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card