Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Replace Cisco Catalyst 3524 with LinkSys SRW248G4P

We wish we had the money to replace our older Catalyst 3524 PoE switch with a newer Catalyst, but funds are very limited. We are attemtping to utilize a LinkSys SRW248G4P instead, but with mixed results. Currently we have 7912G and 7940G IP phones working just fine patched into the older Catalyst 3524 switches. However, I must be missing something on the LinkSys switch config that won't allow the VLAN's to trunk correctly. VLAN-10 is for data (192.168.1.x/24), and VLAN-100 is for Voice (172.16.100.x/24). The phones are pulling a DHCP address of 172.16.100.x correctly off of VLAN-100 and the PC's pull a DHCP address of 192.168.1.x correctly off of VLAN-10 when plugged into the corresponding port of the phone. However, after setting up VLAN's 10 & 100 on the LinkSys and trunking the ports, the 7912 phones pull a 192.168.1.x address and the 7940 phones get stuck at configuring VLAN/IP. I've included our show-run config in the hopes someone who has experience with both products came help me come up with the proper solution. I've been ping-ponged between TAC and LinkSy support only to have them pass the buck to each other and no one wanting to take ownership. Thx in advance...~~Robb

Views
Helpful
Replies