Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

replace supervisor VS-S720-10G cisco 6509-E

Hi

I have a doubt, I have a switch core 6509-E with two supervisor. One of them has failed. So I requested for a RMA to change the part, but maybe this new supervisor is gonna have another IOS version, But I know that both supervisor has to have the same version to synch. in this case how can I load the version to the new supervisor without shut down the switch

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sup720 has a CF slot.  Copy the IOS from the sup-bootflash: to disk0:.  

Eject the CF and move to the new supervisor card (pray that the replacement supervisor card is loaded with Cisco IOS instead of CatalystOS) and force the replacment supervisor card to boot the IOS found in disk0:.

Hi Leo, thanks for answering, the problem is that We dont have a memory card to copy the IOS. do you know another options?

the problem is that We dont have a memory card to copy the IOS. do you know another options?

Go to your nearest electronics shop and get one.  

Take note: 

1. Not all CF brand are supported.  So it would be best to buy two or three different brands and return ones that didn't work. 
  2. Support size up to 4 Gbps.  
  3. Format the CF using the command "format disk0:" before copying anything into it.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card