Cisco Support Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

New Member

Replacing failed Sup7 in 4507

Hello all, Please pardon the basic question - I have little XP on 4507s. We had a sup7 fail in one of our 4507s. I installed the new one and uploaded the config, but I've discovered I also need to restore licensing (it looks like I need IP services). Is that stored in a file, so that I can possibly retrieve it from the old sup7? Also would someone be so kind as to point me to best practices docs for DR? We have all configs backed up, but obviously that's not enough. Thank you!
  • LAN Switching and Routing
Everyone's tags (1)
New Member

You will need to do a RMA

You will need to do a RMA license transfer from the faulty switch to the new switch. This can be done online using or cisco should be able to do that for you and send a new(permanent) license file if you call them.