Level 2

See attachment of the steps I use.

3 Replies 3

astanislaus
Level 2
Level 2

Reason for my post:

===================

Gave the attached word document to one of our technicians and he came back with this result.

He said everything was done as I said to him in the word document. When slot 7 became ACTIVE, all LEDs on both SUP720 and all line cards looked good and normal but there was no user traffic passing through the switch.

He said he waited for a good 3 minutes or so and pings from PCs to Servers through this switch which were working before the switch over, all timed out after the switch over.

So he switched over back to slot 8 and all pings became good immediately.

He tried switch back to slot 7 and exactly same problem again.

Then he removed the module from slot 8 and still same problem.

He put back the module in slot 8 and forced a switch over to slot 8 and all OK again.

So what have we missed.

I asked him if he did a show run and show interface to see whether the module in slot 7 had any config lines, but he said he did not do this.

Hard to get another maintenance window.

Is it possible we put a DOA module in slot 7 or could it be slot 7 of chassis is faulty.

Hi Alphonse,

Do you have any console messages or logs during the transition?

That is the problem. The on-site tech did not capture any console outputs to see what happened.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: