Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Replacing WS-X6708-10GE to WS-X6704-10GE

I'm planning to swapping our 8-port 10Gb (WS-X6708-10GE) to the 4-port 10Gb (WS-X6704-10GE).

Would this be the proper procedure?

1. module clear-config
  2. Remove the 10-port card
  3. Insert the 8-port card
  4. no module clear-config
  5. Reconfigure the interfaces on the new card

If interface ten 1/1 on the 10-port card is my OSPF uplink, will this also remove my OSPF and VLAN settings?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jason

Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Jason.

It's as simple as swap the linecard, module clear-config command is not even a must. I guess when you say: If the interface ten 1/1 on the 10 port meaning the 8ports linecard, is my ospf uplink, if that's the only uplink your ospf neighbor will go down, but if there's a redundant connection it will stay up. Regarding vlan configuration, vlas are saved in the vlan database, they won't be erased.

Regards.

Wilson B.

Please rate useful post.

1 REPLY

Hello Jason.

It's as simple as swap the linecard, module clear-config command is not even a must. I guess when you say: If the interface ten 1/1 on the 10 port meaning the 8ports linecard, is my ospf uplink, if that's the only uplink your ospf neighbor will go down, but if there's a redundant connection it will stay up. Regarding vlan configuration, vlas are saved in the vlan database, they won't be erased.

Regards.

Wilson B.

Please rate useful post.

Views
Helpful
Replies