cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Req : FastEhernet port autometic shutdown when flooding Occur.

csawest.dc
Level 3
Level 3

Dear Experts,

I need very urgent of this fuction in cisco 3550 switch.

I have cisco 3550 24 port switch,  i need to configure on fasftEthernet when flooding occur through any FastEthernet port that time a port autometic shutdown and then re-start after few minutes autometic which i have to set re-start timing on port. or error disable so no effect to other FastEthernet or my FastEthernet port fas/01 is uplink connect with billing Authenticaion Server.

When flooding occur from any fastEthernet port in cisco 3550 that time effect in  my billing Authentication Server cause fastEther fa0/1 is open to connect with my that server.

So i need all FastEtherport autometic shutdown which is connected with customers End or DSLAM.  when flooding occur and then re-start autometic.

Please help regarding the same.

Thanks in ADV,

Vaib...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Vaibhav,

storm-control can help but it drops traffic exceeding a threshold it doesn't put the port in shutdown.

you can also think of using another related feature called block flooding that allows to drop multicast and unknown unicast

both features work inbound on received traffic.

I've seen they are supported also on 12.1 releases

see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3550/software/release/12.2_25_see/configuration/guide/swtrafc.html#wp1241590

we use broadcast storm-control at 1% in campus networks and it is helpful.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Vaibhav,

storm-control can help but it drops traffic exceeding a threshold it doesn't put the port in shutdown.

you can also think of using another related feature called block flooding that allows to drop multicast and unknown unicast

both features work inbound on received traffic.

I've seen they are supported also on 12.1 releases

see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3550/software/release/12.2_25_see/configuration/guide/swtrafc.html#wp1241590

we use broadcast storm-control at 1% in campus networks and it is helpful.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Dear Sir,

Thanks for help now i need to know what is the command for broadcast storm-control at 1% on FastEther port in cisco 3550 Switch.

Thanks in ADV,

Vaib...

Hello Vaibhav,

the command should be:

int fas0/x

storm-control broadcast level 1

(as explained in the link I've provided in my first post)

in case of FE ports it may be wise to use 10%

I have it on C4506

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card