Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Reroute Traffic Destined for Outside IP Address

Please don’t laugh, but we have a legitimate need to have a Sling Box installed at our main location to enable our corporate PR/Marketing person at another office to be able to watch Live Television (News).  For those familiar with a product called Sling Box, this is what they are made for.

Current configuration:

-Sling box installed at Waukesha
-Connected to LAN with an IP on our 32 vlan of 10.128.32.77 (DHCP reservation) -> in sling box terminology this is the “home IP"
-Configured ASA Firewall to NAT sling box to external IP of ##.###.###.216 -> in sling box terminology this is the “away IP"
-Accessing the sling box externally works perfectly
-Accessing the sling box internally on a computer in the same subnet works perfectly
-Accessing the sling box internally on a computer on any other vlan/subnet fails

Specific to the last point, there is some magic that apparently happens as I did a packet capture last night while at our remote office.  There is a payload that comes from the sling box data center that tells the playback software which IP to use (home IP vs away IP) and the Wire Shark inspection literally shows the ##.###.###.216 address.  For reasons beyond my understanding, but I remember from deplying the ASA and VPNs there is no way for traffic to leave our firewall (normal traffic is NAT’d to ##.###.###.210) and have it successfully re-enter the same outside interface to then come right back in on ##.###.###.216

I spoke with Sling Box support and there is absolutely no way to override or specify an IP address within the playback software to expressly connect to the home IP vs the outside IP.

All of that said, I am wondering how best to:

Intercept traffic destined for ##.###.###.216 and redirect it to the internal IP address of sling box of 10.128.32.77.  Easy to do on Cisco routers or best to do on windows with a static route?  I am lost and know there is likely a simple static route command or firewall configuration that will make this happen.
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content