Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Resetting passwords on entire network

Hi all,

I have quite a problem at my new employer. A few years ago a company was employed to install and configure a wireless network.

The company installed:

Cisco WS-C3560-8PC-S 3560 8-PORT Poe Catalyst Switch

Cisco WLC526

4x LAP521 Access Points

The company no longer exists and left no information on passwords etc. The only way forward is to either employ another company to reconfigure the network at considerable cost or to reset the devices and configure the network from scratch.

The latter method, being the cheapest (and I like a challenge ) is preferable.

I have purchased the necessary cables and I am familar with "PuTTY". Can this be done, and if so has anybody got any references they could advise?

VIP Super Bronze

Re: Resetting passwords on entire network

You don't have to start for scratch.  If you have a console cable, you can follow this link step-by-step and do a password recovery on your devices.  Once you login and change the username and password to something you want, you can use show commands to see the configs and figure our how everything is connected. For example: "Show cdp neighbor det" will show you all the neighboring switches and other Cisco devices.

Community Member

Thanks for your prompt reply, Reza.

I will be attempting the password reset tomorrow. I will let you know how I get on.

Hall of Fame Super Blue

If you are good with SNMP scripting, you can do it that way too.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Nintendo App

Community Member

How can I be sure I have the correct console cable? I have discovered many different cables after reading the documentation provided.

VIP Super Bronze

Resetting passwords on entire network

CreatePlease to create content