Views
Helpful
Replies

Restrict privileged EXEC mode to a user in Cisco 3750g

laurendvir
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to know ie i can restrict a user in level 1 to have the option to get in to "enable mode" level 15?

I know that i can configure password, but i would like that he will not have the option even if the user have the password...

Regards,

Lauren Vaillancourt.

4 Replies 4

InayathUlla Sharieff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Lauren,

Here is hte answer:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security-vpn/terminal-access-controller-access-control-system-tacacs-/23383-showrun.html

aaa new-model
aaa authentication login default local
aaa authorization exec default local

username john privilege 9 password 0 doe
username six privilege 6 password 0 six
username poweruser privilege 15 password poweruser
username inout password inout
username inout privilege 15 autocommand show running

privilege configure level 8 snmp-server community 
privilege exec level 6 show running 
privilege exec level 8 configure terminal

To understand this example, it is necessary to understand privilege levels. By default, there are three command levels on the router:

• privilege level 0 — Includes the disableenableexithelp, and logout commands.

• privilege level 1 — Normal level on Telnet; includes all user-level commands at the router> prompt.

• privilege level 15 — Includes all enable-level commands at the router# prompt.

Commands available at a particular level in a particular router can be found by typing a ? at the r

HTH

Regards

Inayath

Hi,

I tryed it but the user that i put in priv 0 or 1 is able to get in to the enable mode and config t.

can it be becuse of my ios version 15???

Can yoiu paste your config?

No i cannot becuse it is on a spreat secret network.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card