cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Rolling back to an existing configuration, easiest steps

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Im making changes to my existing IOS configuration on my voice routers. I have two methods I can rollback to the saved configuration.

If the configurations do not work, I can simply do a "reload" and it will load the startup-config which is the orginal state the router was in before adjustments.

OR

I can go into my configuation, and do "no" statements on the features I enabled or changed, and then copy and paste the original configuration back in.

IS there an easier method? I tried to use "Copy startup-config to running-config" and that did not remove the features I put in the config.

Example:

Dial-Peer voice 800 voip

Destination ip 192.168.2.1

My original configuration does not have this. The only way I see to get rid of it is to go and do "No dial-peer voice 800" etc.

I have probably 30 statements and 50 routers to do. If I need to rollback, I need a quick way.

Any suggestions or shortcuts?

Cheers!

3 Replies 3

archari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How about Config replace / rollback feature

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3t/12_3t7/feature/guide/gtrollbk.html

On IOS 12.3T and later.

As long as you are on a reasonably new release, it should work great. Older releases had some bugs.

HTH

I just found that... so funny. Yeah, I tried it on my 12.4. Works good. I will have to try on 12.3 and see how it works.

Cheers!

Just to add 12.3 does not support this feature. 12.3T and later do.

Good luck :-) Have fun!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card