Views
Helpful
Replies

Rommon mode issue WS-C6506-E

Robo123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I have cisco WS-C6506-E chassi running with "s3223-ipservicesk9_wan-mz.122-33.SXJ10.bin" suddently the device went to rommon mode by resetting the same came up and working fine but below errors are generated at the problamatic time .

(logs from crashinfo)

Sep 14 2017 15:56:12.495 IST: %SYSTEM_CONTROLLER-3-ERROR: Error condition detected: TM_DATA_PARITY_ERROR

Sep 14 2017 15:56:12.495 IST: %SYSTEM_CONTROLLER-3-FATAL: An unrecoverable error has been detected. The system is being reset.

(sh nvlog)

09/14/2017 15:56:12: nvlog_crash_hook:System crashed on slot 5. Check value of Rommon variable CRASHINFO

Kindly help me to know the root cause for the issue.

5 Replies 5

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

There maybe some crash file on the flash.  I would open a ticket with TAC and send them the crash file for analyzes.

HTH

Hi Reza, 

I am able to see only the above mentioned errors please  go through  those errors  and let me know  the root cause of the issue here 3 module is line card

WS-X6148A-RJ-45

and 5 module is  

WS-SUP32-GE-3B

Console into the line card in slot 5 and see if it's in ROMmon.

If it is in ROMmon, reboot the line card and post the entire boot-up process.

Hi Leo, 

As i already said the device is came up while  goving reset commamd and the module 5 is passing the bootup level also. 

Overall Diagnostic Result for Module 5 : PASS

Please let me know what is the below error saying.and why device went to rommon mode is it due to line card or sup faulty 

nvlog_crash_hook:System crashed on slot 5. Check value of Rommon variable CRASHINFO

The message means check the bootflash: for a sub-directory called "crashinfo". Inside there should be file(s) and look for the one with the latest date.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card