Views
Helpful
Replies

Rommon mode issue WS-C6506-E

Robo123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I have cisco WS-C6506-E chassi running with "s3223-ipservicesk9_wan-mz.122-33.SXJ10.bin" suddently the device went to rommon mode by resetting the same came up and working fine but below errors are generated at the problamatic time .

(logs from crashinfo)

Sep 14 2017 15:56:12.495 IST: %SYSTEM_CONTROLLER-3-ERROR: Error condition detected: TM_DATA_PARITY_ERROR

Sep 14 2017 15:56:12.495 IST: %SYSTEM_CONTROLLER-3-FATAL: An unrecoverable error has been detected. The system is being reset.

(sh nvlog)

09/14/2017 15:56:12: nvlog_crash_hook:System crashed on slot 5. Check value of Rommon variable CRASHINFO

Kindly help me to know the root cause for the issue.

5 Replies 5

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

There maybe some crash file on the flash.  I would open a ticket with TAC and send them the crash file for analyzes.

HTH

Hi Reza, 

I am able to see only the above mentioned errors please  go through  those errors  and let me know  the root cause of the issue here 3 module is line card

WS-X6148A-RJ-45

and 5 module is  

WS-SUP32-GE-3B

Console into the line card in slot 5 and see if it's in ROMmon.

If it is in ROMmon, reboot the line card and post the entire boot-up process.

Hi Leo, 

As i already said the device is came up while  goving reset commamd and the module 5 is passing the bootup level also. 

Overall Diagnostic Result for Module 5 : PASS

Please let me know what is the below error saying.and why device went to rommon mode is it due to line card or sup faulty 

nvlog_crash_hook:System crashed on slot 5. Check value of Rommon variable CRASHINFO

The message means check the bootflash: for a sub-directory called "crashinfo". Inside there should be file(s) and look for the one with the latest date.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card