Views
Helpful
Replies

Root-Bridge

alsayed
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

plz have a llok to the Attached File.so in like thuis setup do i need to assign root bridge Manualy for these Vlan's.or the protocole select the root according its rules

10xs

3 Replies 3

bvsnarayana03
Level 5
Level 5

It is better to set root manually based on the topology. Here you may prefer setting core as root.

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ali,

You dont have any redundant links on the network so on a basic idea, you can get away with the STP root part of it. But I would suggest you to setup the DS switch as the root bridge for all the switch/vlans running on the switch. This way you have a control on the L2 traffic across your network.

Imagine a situation that if dont have control over the L2 root and if someone introduces a switch or a redundant link between the switches, this might bring the entire network on a halt and will have adverse effect on your network.

I would suggest to have a manual control for the root bridge placement on your network.

You dont need to configure the core as the root brodge as you are running a L3 link between core and the DS switch.

HTH,

-amit singh

10xs amit singh!

what about if i need to add another DS2 and make 2nd uplink to 2nd ds2 and make also ether channel l2 between DS1 and DS2 and GLBP as a gateway load balence.now what next accoRding STP.

do i need to configure DS1 as root primary for vlan 10 20 and 30 and DS2 root sec for 10 20 and 30.10xs

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card