Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Route different traffic type on two different lines using 1841?

Currently we are having a 2 Meg line which is the only line at the moment, we are getting a new 10 Meg leased line and we want to route the specific traffic like HTTP,FTP on the 2 Meg line and the rest of traffic on the 10 Meg line. Now if we get a Cisco 1841 and set up my layout like under, will i be able to acheive what i want?

Proposed setup:-

2Mb-->Modem-->Cisco 1841--->LAN

10Mb-->Cisco1841(Provided by ISP and can not be managed by us)-->Cisco 1841-->LAN

We are not using any layer 3 switch and hence inter vlan routing has to be performed by the 1841 + will i be able to set up a DMZ as well with the above setup.

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Cheers!!

• LAN Switching and Routing
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Route different traffic type on two different lines using 18

You could throw a layer 2 switch in there, but I would go with a 4-ESW, it's cheaper. That will providing switching infrastructure for your DMZ.

5 REPLIES

Thanks for the response.

Is there any tweaking that needs to be done to the router provided by the ISP which i need to be aware off?

Applying PBR to the router within my control shouldnt be a problem for me but i am not sure once the traffic is routed out from my router,how will it behave at the next hop i.e the ISP router ?

Nothing special needs to be done at the ISP router. Once it leaves your interface, 'normal' (non-PBR) routing of up stream routers take place.

Thanks Collin,

How about if someone lets say who wants to access my web server which i want to place in the DMZ. I am not sure how i can make it work.

If i connect one WAN link to FE0 and another to FE1 of the router,will i then need to get a ether switch and make one of its switcport to act as DMZ port OR is there any way that i can route the traffic using only the 2 exisiting ports that are available on the 1841.

Thanks!!

You could throw a layer 2 switch in there, but I would go with a 4-ESW, it's cheaper. That will providing switching infrastructure for your DMZ.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.