Helpful
Replies

Route divert

ilnaiduccna
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We have DC in Denmark connected to all locations through MPLS

from Denmark DC to Greenland we have one 512k direct p to p link routing protocol RIP was running

from Denmark DC to Aalborg p to p link, routing protocol OSPF

from Denmark Dc to Aalborg to Greenland we have one p to p link (Aalborg to Greenland static routes)

Now the present route from DC to Greenland passing on direct 512k p to p link

My present task is when this 512k link goes down the routes to greenland automatically should go through Denmark DC-> Aalborg-> Greenland

(Presently we are adding the routes manually when 512k link went down, but it should be automatically)

Regards,

Naidu.

10 Replies 10

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Why don't you add the weighted static routes for Greenland with Aalborg as the next-hop?

We know that Greenland is using RIP (AD 120) so your static routes can have an AD of 121 or greater.

Example,

ip route [Greenland_Subnet] [Aalborg_Gateway] 121

HTH,

__

Edison.

Hi Edison,

The present device is 4507R which have to use static route with weighted and the IOS is 12.2(20r)

Will it support for static route with weight?

Regards,

Naidu.

Yes.

Hi Edison,

Thanks for your great help.

From Odense I have two networks need to reach greenland.

so shall i use same weight for both networks or different weights

Example:

10.23.0.0 255.255.255.0 10.17.4.1 122

10.24.0.0 255.255.255.0 10.17.4.1 122

Regards,

Naidu.

Any weight that is higher than the RIP administrative distance - 122 is fine.

Hi Edison,

Thanks for you all help...

Have to discuss with my Management and will look into the production.

Once again thanks for your all responses.

Regards,

Naidu.

Hi Edison,

My Manager raised one question is that below...

Now, my present setup is like Odense Coreswitch 4507 (no rip configured) -> Expand-box -> Greenland-router (rip configured)

If I add static routes with AD 122 in Coreswitch with next hop aalborg will it work as the Core dont know rip (i think still it sends packets to Greenland-router)

If I need to configure rip in Coreswitch, yet there are 2 ospf process running & BGP running now can i configure rip, will it ok with multiple routing protocols? and will it not give any problems in feature?.

Regards,

Naidu.

Based on your current setup, Odense does not have any routing information for Greenland (if I understand you correctly) so any routing information will be used regardless of the weight of the administrative distance.

My previous recommendation was based on Odense having RIP routes from Greenland router and placing statics as backup.

Hi Edison,

So, as per your explaination I have to advertise RIP in Odense is that right?

Regards,

Naidu

You keep changing the network setup. Can you provide a diagram of what's currently implemented on the network and what's the end goal?

Without this information I won't be able to provide a concise answer.

__

Edison.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card