Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Route leaking from VRF to Global

Hi , I want to leak routes from one VRF to the global routing table.  I can do this with statics, but is ther a dynamic way to do this.

I can leak from the Global to the VRF no problem using the following commands, but I cant figure out how to do it from VRF to global except for using statics on the global routing table

ip vrf testvrf

rd 65000:4

import ipv4 unicast map global

route-map global permit 10

match ip address prefix-list globallist

ip prefix-list globallist seq 5 permit 10.0.0.0/24

ip prefix-list globallist seq 10 permit 192.168.2.0/24

6 REPLIES

Are the routes in BGP? Which IOS version are you running?

http://mellowd.co.uk/ccie/?p=3645

This post shows how you can do export if you have a recent IOS with the export command.

Daniel Dib
CCIE #37149

Daniel Dib CCIE #37149 Please rate helpful posts.
Community Member

Hi Daniel. I am running 12.4 on a 2800 router. I saw that post also and noticed that export command but my version does not have it.  Is there another way besides export or static routes

Its relatively simple to do this between VRFs that it seems difficult to believe that its that complex from VRF to Global

Carlos Vazquez

CCIE # 20702

Community Member

im also facing the same

im also facing the same challenge. im using 7200 Cisco router C7200-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 15.1(4)M2 . the Export option under ip vrf does not include the ipv4 option.

regards

Promise Kumalo

Community Member

Hi,  The export ipv4/ipv6

Hi, 

The export ipv4/ipv6 unicast command is only a very recent command, and is supported on the latest IOS versions. Other than that there is no way of Route Leaking between VRF and Global Routing Table Dynamically. 

Regards, 

HK

Community Member

hi HK i also tried this on

hi HK

i also tried this on the new cisco 2911 router with data license loaded. the ipv4 option is still not there on the export command

Community Member

Hi, Please check the below

Hi,

Please check the below link. 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/iproute_bgp/configuration/xe-3s/asr1000/irg-xe-3s-asr1000-book/irg-prefix-export.html

Regards,

HK

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content