Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

route-map config redistributing EIGRP into RIP

The following is from a CCIE lab prep book regarding redistribution from EIGRP into RIP. I'm redistributing a handful of routes via route-maps which is simple enough. But the prep book solution has the following for the last line of the route-map:

R2(config)# route-map TEST permit 50

R2(config-route-map)# set metric 1

"Note, 'route-map TEST permit 50' must be configured for the future networks that may be redistributed into RIP."

Why would I need to enter this instead of just leaving the last route-map entry as the last match on one of my EIGRP routes?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: route-map config redistributing EIGRP into RIP

Hi Michael,

This route-map statement specifies a seed metric of 1 for all routes that did not match the previous route-map statements.

If you don't specify a seed metric for RIP when redistributing into RIP, then these routes will not be redistributed.

Cheers:

Istvan

1 REPLY

Re: route-map config redistributing EIGRP into RIP

Hi Michael,

This route-map statement specifies a seed metric of 1 for all routes that did not match the previous route-map statements.

If you don't specify a seed metric for RIP when redistributing into RIP, then these routes will not be redistributed.

Cheers:

Istvan

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content