Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Route-Map Equal Access

Dears

please if i configure route-map for two access list like below '

interface tengig 1

ip policy route-map ABC

!

access-list 101 permit any eq www  1.1.1.0 0.0.0.255

access-list 102 permit any eq www  2.2.2.0 0.0.0.255

!

route-map ABC permit 10

match ip add 101

set ip next-hop 50.1.1.1

!

route-map ABC permit 20

match ip add 102

set ip next-hop 60.1.1.1

!

is it need to write this string below ?

!

route-map ABC permit 30

set default interface null0

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Blue

Re: Route-Map Equal Access

Rawa

If you do that any packets that don't match acl 101 or acl 102 and there is no explicit route in the routing table they will be routed to null0. So it depends on whether you want that or not.

I explained this before in that if a packet does not match any PBR route map statements then those packets will be routed using the routing table. However in your example in the last statement, because you have not specified a match statement, all packets that didn't match the acls or have an explicit route in the routing table will be routed to null0.

Jon

Route-Map Equal Access

Dear JON

Thanks for ur assistance

I have configured Default Route to my ISP , so its no need to configure that right ?

Hall of Fame Super Blue

Route-Map Equal Access

Rawa

It depends what you want. If you want any packets that do not match either acl 101 or acl 102 to be routed using the routing table then no you don't need it. If there is no match for a packet in the route map then the router simply looks into the routing table to see where to forward the packet.

If there is a default route in the routing table and no more specific route it will use that.

Jon

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content