Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Router 7609 and 7609-S

Hellos friends, I have recently bought a Cisco router 7609-S but unfornutately I receive a 7609. Besides the obvious shipping problem, I want to know wich is the differences between the two of them?...For more information I have 2RSP720-3C on the chassis. Thanks for your help.

Everyone's tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Super Bronze

Re: Router 7609 and 7609-S

Hello Jonas,

From the data sheet:

As part of the Cisco 7600 Series, the Cisco 7609-S Router is an enhancement on the highly successful 9-slot chassis (Cisco 7609). This enhanced chassis delivers numerous design improvements, including:

• Improved failover mechanisms in the hardware which when paired with the proper Cisco IOS® Software image, can achieve 100 ms failover

• Ability to deliver higher power of up to 750W per slot

• Redundant high-speed fan tray module with five speeds on a front-to-back airflow design

• Better thermal flow measurement and management

The power supplies supported on the Cisco 7609-S are the 4000W, 6000W (AC and DC), and 3000W AC power supplies (refer to Table 1).
Also, here are the data sheets for both 7609 and 7609-S
HTH
Reza
1 REPLY
VIP Super Bronze

Re: Router 7609 and 7609-S

Hello Jonas,

From the data sheet:

As part of the Cisco 7600 Series, the Cisco 7609-S Router is an enhancement on the highly successful 9-slot chassis (Cisco 7609). This enhanced chassis delivers numerous design improvements, including:

• Improved failover mechanisms in the hardware which when paired with the proper Cisco IOS® Software image, can achieve 100 ms failover

• Ability to deliver higher power of up to 750W per slot

• Redundant high-speed fan tray module with five speeds on a front-to-back airflow design

• Better thermal flow measurement and management

The power supplies supported on the Cisco 7609-S are the 4000W, 6000W (AC and DC), and 3000W AC power supplies (refer to Table 1).
Also, here are the data sheets for both 7609 and 7609-S
HTH
Reza
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content