cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

Router 867vae license

Hi All,

Must be missing something here.  I have a need to turn up VPN services on a 867vae router but it has ipbase and I need Security.  I'm trying to find out UDI etc.. but I don't have the "sh license" command available so I'm a bit stumped.  Currently running 152-4.m5 .

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?  I looked in the tech support but nothing there other than the serial etc..

The help is much appreciated

David

Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Purple

I think you're out of luck

I think you're out of luck with this. Based on the FAQ it's not upgradable:

Q.    Do the Cisco 860VAE Series platforms require software activation for Cisco IOS Software feature support?
A.     The Cisco 860VAE Series does not support universal images. The supported Cisco IOS Software feature set is based on the hardware SKU choice. There are no software feature set upgrade options between the different hardware models. Table 2 lists the Cisco IOS Software options for the Cisco 860VAE Series.

Table 2.       Cisco IOS Software Options for Cisco 860VAE Series

Model

IOS Feature Set

Cisco 866VAE

Cisco 867VAE

IP Base

Cisco 866VAE-K9

Cisco 867VAE-K9

Advanced Security

1 REPLY
VIP Purple

I think you're out of luck

I think you're out of luck with this. Based on the FAQ it's not upgradable:

Q.    Do the Cisco 860VAE Series platforms require software activation for Cisco IOS Software feature support?
A.     The Cisco 860VAE Series does not support universal images. The supported Cisco IOS Software feature set is based on the hardware SKU choice. There are no software feature set upgrade options between the different hardware models. Table 2 lists the Cisco IOS Software options for the Cisco 860VAE Series.

Table 2.       Cisco IOS Software Options for Cisco 860VAE Series

Model

IOS Feature Set

Cisco 866VAE

Cisco 867VAE

IP Base

Cisco 866VAE-K9

Cisco 867VAE-K9

Advanced Security

Views
Helpful
Replies