Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Router Config to connect to ISP

I am currently having an issue with getting my 3620 to connect to my ISPs switch/network.

My ISP has a 3570G at my office. They have configured a port to be used to connect to the Internet and given me static IP info...

IP - 73.x.x.33/24

Gateway - 73.x.x.25

DNS servers are also provided.

Using this information I can connect a computer to their switch, statically assign the computer that address and get on the Internet. I can also ping the gateway/next hop 73.x.x.25 from the computer. The computer auto negotiates 10/half on the port.

What I am trying to do is connect my 3620 to the switch and be able to get the same connectivity.

Internal Lan-> 3620-> ISP's 3750

I have the 3620 connected to the switch and the port is status up / protocol up. However, from the router I am not able to ping the next hop of 73.x.x.25. I have tried sourcing the ping from the connected interface, but it still doesn't work. My config and a few show commands are attached. What else could I be doing wrong?

Thanks,

Garrett

3 REPLIES
Blue

Re: Router Config to connect to ISP

Which interface are you sourcing?

Can you post the PING output?

I tried both a standard ping and a ping with eth0/0 as the source. I am out of the office for the night, but in the morning I will post the ping output. I can tell you it looks like this though:

router-3620#ping 73.x.x.25 source eth0/0

Type escape sequence to abort.

Sending 5, 100-byte ICMP Echos to 73.x.x.25, timeout is 2 seconds:

Packet sent with a source address of 73.x.x.33

Success rate is 0 percent (0/5)

router-3620#ping 73.x.x.25

Type escape sequence to abort.

Sending 5, 100-byte ICMP Echos to 73.x.x.25, timeout is 2 seconds:

Success rate is 0 percent (0/5)

Views
Helpful