cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Router Hardware Suggestion new deployment

Hi everybody,

I need a router to connect 3 interfaces (ethernet) one is a T1 from my ISP, other will connect to the LAN and a third one will connect to a ASA. I've been looking for a router and I found the cisco 1811 but I don't really understand how many interfaces does it have. could you please help me with this. This is the deployment that I need to do, and take in mind that we have to use route-maps to route the voice traffic towards the T1 and the Data towards the ASA.

imagen.png

Best regards

Jose

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Blue

Re: Router Hardware Suggestion new deployment

What is the bandwidth of your WAN link?

Typically, a router has two routable ports.  If you want a third routable port, you just get an Ethernet HWIC card like an HWIC-1FE (FastEthernet) or HWIC-1GE-SFP (GigabitEthernet).

VIP Super Bronze

Router Hardware Suggestion new deployment

Hi Jose,

The 1800 is mostly used for DSL and POTS line.  A better router for your use would be the 2800 series.  You can get a 2801, which comes with 2 on board 10/100 ports for connecting to your firewall and LAN switch.  You can also add a WIC for your T1 line.  If you need 10/100/1000 then you can use the 2821, it comes with 2 on board ports.  You can add a WIC for your T1 line.

HTH

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content