cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

router not seeing E-net port

garyrivers
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2851 router that has a 4-port fastethernet card and I need to connect a device into one of our fastethernet ports. but the does not see the device. Any advice?

4 Replies 4

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Gary,

Here are the few possibilities why this is happening:

1. The cable used between the device and the port could be faulty. Please try changing it and make sure that you have factory made straight cable.

2. Either the port on the module or the NIC on the device could be faulty.Try connecting some other device on the same port or try moving the device to some other port to diagnose the problem.

3. The card is not properly installed on the router. This could be diagnosed with the output of " show version" from the router.

Please check the above steps and revert.

HTH,

-amit singh

I used a new cable so the cable is good.

I have plugged the NIC into our network before and its worked.

I did a "show ver" and attached it to this reply.

You need to include the version of IOS when you supply this output, else its not useful. Also can we see a "show diag"? What type of card are you using? What version of IOS? Please provide this information.

Thanks

Anthony

here the requested printouts.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card