I have 3750 cores that handle L3 traffic for the vlans. These 3750 connect to another 7200 which is used to inter -site traffic. Now since I ran into an SVI counter limitation on the c3750, I wanted to monitor traffic on a vlan 6 some how. I thought of taking this vlan alone to a router on stick config.
* I chose a spare interface on 7200 config is with IP address 10.X.6.1 /24 ( for vlan)
* connected this int of 7200 to one of the cores ( configured that switchport as access vlan 6 )so that the 7200 interface will belong to same broadcast domain.
* shut the layer 3 inteface for the vlan 6 on the cores.
* now I was confident about this behaviour, until i discovered the dhcp was nt working(especially new releases, renewal releases where working fine)
* i added the ip helper command to the 7200 interface, But still broken.
the cores were having line 10.x.6.1 as the hsrp address for this vlan. i have moved this ip to the 7200 interface and shut this in the cores(3750). I am trying to get a dhcp address on the machines but thats not working. So there is no default gateway nor the PC will be able to ping anywhere as DHCP is failing...
* my impression was that the dhcp discover travels through LAN. Hits the core. Now since the 7200 is hanging of a switchport access vlan 6 this should be able to get the DHCP broadcast. hence the iphelper in that interface should be able to help with this DHCP. But Its not working. not sure Y. But incase I assign a manual IP to the machine the machine can ping the gateways and beyond.
Hi everyone, I would like to thank you in advance for any help you can provide a newcomer like myself!
Im studying the 100-105 book by Odom and am currently on the topic of Port security. I purchased a used 2960 and I'm trying to follow a...
While deploying a number of 18xx/2802/3802 model access points (APs), which run AP-COS as their operating platform. It can be observed on some occasions that while many of their access points were able to join the fabric WLC withou...