Level 1
Level 1

i want to check router serial number how can i check

10 Replies 10

ilnaiduccna
Level 1
Level 1

Hi upendra,

You can execute the command to check router serial number & all see the below command.

Router#sh invertory

Router#sh hardware

Regards,

naidu.

Dear

show inventory command is not work and i tried to show hardware it work but there is no information.I have cisco 1700 series router.

Hi there,

Occasionally, the serial number is listed on "show version" - I have a 1700 series myself, but it's my home router, and I'm at work, so I can't check.

If it's not in "show version", do you have physical access to the router? If not, would you be able to contact someone who does?

Kind regards

Graeme

HI Upendra,

#show inventory

-->command is applicable to specific IOS and Router Model.

#show version

or

#show hardware

-->might help you. Neverthless if nothing works then you need to have a Physical access to the Router.

PLS RATE if HELPS

Best Regards,

Guru Prasad R

marinos_g
Level 1
Level 1

You can also try

show chassis

show module

Marinos

Dear

show chassis and show module is not work.Any one help.

hey upendra,

Router#sh hardware

Router#sh version

try these two commands otherwise go to router and "Router#show ?" it will show all compatable show commands for that particular router model

naidu

According to Cisco Product Identification Tool the only way to find out a Cisco 1700 serial number is to look at the sticker on the back of the router.

No command output will give you what you need. Unfortuantely you'll have to pay a visit to the router.

cspeidel
Level 1
Level 1

As an FYI this feature is called UDI (unique device identifier).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_feature_guide09186a00801d2d6d.html

So you can use feature navigator to find which platforms support it.

I prefer to have the serial number configured through SNMP for all the device that do not support the inventory command or report the processor ID when used.

snmp-server chassis-id

once you have this configured, you can fetch the serial number by uisng the sh snmp command

HTH

Narayan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card