Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing-Context vrf

All,

In my environment we have a couple of Nexus 5000's. In each 5000 there exists two vrf's by default (default & management). Althought only two of the 5k's have both vrf's configured. Now, my problem is because on all other 5k's we are using only the management vrf and it looks like the 5000 routes everything using the 'default' vrf. I tried using the "routing-context vrf management" in a hope that it would use it by default but it did not work. Do any of you know how to tell the 5k to use the management vrf for unicast routing instead of the default vrf?

Thanks,

Thiago

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Awesome, you beated me. I was still writing you a response.

Regards,

jerry

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jerry Ye
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

N5K will not use the management VRF for anything other then sending management traffic through the mgmt0 interface (if you configured SNMP, SYSLOG, TACACS+, etc to use vrf management).

What is the model of your Nexus 5000? Do you have the L3 feature card installed?

Regards,

jerry

Jerry,

Thanks for your reply. I tried setting ping, traceroute, aaa to use management vrf BUT still failing. The models are mixed between 5548's and 5010's.

Thanks,

Thiago

Okay, when you do the ping command do it in the following format:

ping x.x.x.x vrf management

Assuming you have configured the default route under context management:

vrf context management

ip route 0.0.0.0/0 x.x.x.1

Regards,

jerry

Jerry,

Thanks again. However, if I do ping vrf management it works fine. My issue is to set as a permanent vrf. Trying to authenticate against radius and keeps failing because it continues to use default vrf instead of management. Also, under aaa configuration I've set 'use-vrf management' but it seems to have no change whatsoever.

Thanks again,

Thiago

Jerry,

I got it working. What I had to do was to add the server ip under aaa server group.

Thanks,

Thiago

Awesome, you beated me. I was still writing you a response.

Regards,

jerry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card